Buying is as easy as 1, 2, 3 on SportsBuy
1. Browse for items you are interested in. SportsBuy gives you many different options to browse sellers and their listings on the site. Use the Search Box or any of the quick links on the home page to help you quickly locate items.
2. Add items to your shopping cart. Once you have located items that you are interested in buying, simply add them to your shopping cart. You can add from multiple sellers in one cart.
*To save on shipping costs, add more items from the same seller(s). To do this, click on the name link above the item(s) you have already placed in your shopping cart from that seller.
3. Pay for your items. Once you have found all the items you want to purchase, simply go to the checkout page, where you have the option of paying for your items with a credit card, PayPal, check or money order.
Other Buying Options
1. Bidding on auction listings. SportsBuy has tens of thousands of auctions running at any given time. This gives buyers yet another option for purchasing items at great prices.
2. Making a seller an offer. On SportsBuy buyers have the option of offering sellers a lower price for the seller to accept, decline or counter. Buyers can do this by clicking on the 'Make a Private Offer' button next to individual seller listings. (See below on how to make an offer).
How do I make a seller a Public or Private offer?
On SportsBuy you have the ability to make two different kind of offers. A Private Offer is an offer made only to that seller. A Public Buy Offer is an offer that is available to all sellers that have the item you are interested in buying.
Prior to making an offer: When making a seller an offer you must have a credit card on file. In the event that the seller accepts your offer your SportsBuy account will be debited. In the event that your SportsBuy account does not have enough funds to cover the cost, your credit card on file will be charged.
1. Make a Private Offer : If you see an item from a seller that you are interested in, you have the option of buying that item at the seller's price or you have the option to make that seller a 'Private Offer' for his item. That means only that seller will receive your offer. No other sellers will be able to accept your offer.
2. Make a Public Offer : To Post a public Buyer Offer that is open to any seller with the item you want at the price you want, click the green button at the bottom of the items page that displays all the buyers and sellers of a particular listing.
How do I bid on an auction?
Credit Card On File:
How do I buy/bid on auction listings?
To ensure that bidders on SportsBuy auctions are legitimate, users are requested to have to a credit card on file. If you
can not or are uncomfortable with putting a credit card on file, you can contact SportsBuy at 310.568.8825 x114 to make alternative arrangements.
Click here add a credit card on file or you can add one later on your My Account page.
Bidding on an item is simple. Each auction shows the starting bid or current high bid along with the next incremental minimum bid. You can post your
maximum bid that you are willing to pay. The SportsBuy Auto Bid feature will only display the lowest possible bid
needed to make you the high bidder. For example: If you post a bid for $100 on an auction, but another user has only posted a bid for $50, then
your bid will only be posted for $51.00 (the next increment). The Auto Bid will continue to post the lowest possible bid below $100 or until you are outbid by another user.
SportsBuy's auctions are "Dynamic Auctions" which extends an auction time by 60 seconds any time a bid is placed within
the last 60 seconds of an auction. Dynamic Bidding allows bidders interested in an item to continue bidding on items without worrying if they are
going to outbid in the very last second.
When a seller sets a Reserve Bid, they are setting the lowest bid that they will accept as a successful auction. Reserve Bids are not disclosed to bidders except to announce whether the Reserve Bid has
How do I "Buy Now" or "Make an Offer" on an auction listing?
The Buy Now price is set by the seller at the amount that they are willing to stop the auction and sell
their item for. When listing an item for auction, Sellers can choose to have their Buy Now price removed once
a bid is placed, the bid reaches 50% or 75% of the Buy Now price or within 24 hours of their auction end time.
*Please note that the seller has the option to not include a Buy Now price with their auction. In addition,
the Buy Now price is automatically removed within the last 24 hours of the auction end time.
When an item is purchased outright using Buy Now, the auction is automatically closed and
all bids are cancelled.
Make A Private Offer
Users have the option to Make A Private Offer to a seller. Once a Private Offer is made, the seller can accept, counter
or decline the offer. When an item is purchased outright through a Private Offer, the auction is closed and all bids are cancelled. *Please note: If
an auction closes with no bids or below their reserve, buyers can still make a Private Offer to the seller to purchase the item.
SportsBuy Sets "Fair" Shipping Prices on All Auctions:
How does shipping work?
All Shipping Prices are set by SportsBuy based on USPS charges of the item's weight and where the buyer and seller are located. This feature
ensures both the buyer and seller that a "fair" shipping and handling cost will be set. So, unlike other auctions sites, buyers don't have to worry about all of the different
Shipping/Handling charges that different sellers set for the same item, or hidden costs that are often included with listings after the sale. This feature
also saves the seller time when they are listing their auctions.
For any item over $25, buyer is required to pay Shipping Insurance /
Buyer Protection Shipping Fee. The seller has the option to pay their shipping company the insurance fee or self-insure their package. However, in the
event that an item over $25 is not received by the buyer and there is no proof of delivery, SportsBuy will refund the buyer from the seller's account. SportsBuy
does keep track of buyers that continuously report not receiving their items and SportsBuy will take appropriate action against buyers that attempt to abuse the system.
When a buyer wins multiple auctions from the same seller in the same calendar day (M-F Midnight to Midnight PST) - SportsBuy automatically combines
the auctions shipping costs (minimum $0.60 per add'l item). Click here for SportsBuy's shipping rates used in transactions.
How do I pay for an auction I won?
Paying for a winning auction is convenient and completely automated
When an auction closes, the item is paid for by your SportsBuy cash account or credit card on file. Contact SportsBuy 310.568.8825 x114 for more info on not having your credit card on file automatically debited after the close of an auction. *Please note: Another option for buyers is to pre-fund your SportsBuy account prior to the auction closing.
Paying for an auction invoice
If for any reason payment is not received immediately after the close of an auction, an automated email will be sent to you and the seller with directions on how to pay for the item you won. If you do not pay for the item within 3 business days, SportsBuy accounts payable will attempt to contact you.
(Please note: In the event you do not pay for the item within the alloted time, SportsBuy will reverse the transaction, and your account may be suspended or permanently closed.)
What happens after I purchase an item?
1. Confirmation email is sent to both parties. Once your payment has been confirmed, both parties will receive an automated email with all of the transaction information. The seller will receive an email that the payment has been received along with the buyer's shipping information on file.
2. Buyer's payment goes into the sellers pending account. Once your payment has been confirmed by SportsBuy, your payment is put into the seller's pending account. This payment is protected up to 14 days after you have purchased your item.
3. Seller confirms shipment. Seller will confirm shipment and an automated email is sent to the buyer with the date of the shipment. Once you receive your item purchased you do not need to leave feedback. For your own tracking records, you have the option to go into your Current Purchases Account on SportsBuy and mark the item received.
4. Confirming receipt of your item. After receiving and approving your item purchases, buyers are requested to check the appropriate check box in the Current Transactions page (found within the My Account page). Not only will this allow buyers to keep track of what they have and haven't received, but also allows SportsBuy Customer Care to monitor sellers shipping performance.
What happens if I don't get my item as advertised?
1. Filing a dispute. If you don't receive your item as advertised or not at all simply follow the SportsBuy dispute proceedure found in your purchase confirmation email by first contacting your seller (their email found within your My Current Purchases/More Info link).
If you can not resolve the issue with your seller or they are unresponsive contact Dispute@SportsBuy.com within 14 days of your purchase. As long as you file your dispute within the alloted dispute time, you'll always be protected!
If you ever have any questions or problems, please call or email SportsBuy Customer Care.
Other Important Information For Buyers
- Watchlist : One of the most valuable tools for buyers. The Watchlist allows you to receive email alerts (maximum one email per day) on any item and/or search term that you are interested in. To remove a watchlist search, go into your "My Account" page and click on the My Watchlist link.
Watchlists are created from the search results page. After performing a search simply click on the Add to Watchlist link. You are permitted to add up to 25 items/terms to your Watchlist.
- Portfolio : If you post a Buy Offer you will receive an email any time a sell listing is posted within 25% of your Buy Offer on that specific item. However, you also have a Portfolio Page (found within your "My Account" page). Use this to see if there are any other Sell Listings that are near your Buy Offer or to see if another user has posted a higher buy offer than yours.
- Buyer Protection on Every Transaction: Buyer Protection on Every Transaction: To protect every transaction, SportsBuy buyers do not pay sellers directly. Instead, buyers pay for items through their SportsBuy account where their funds are put into a pending account for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 12 days once the seller has confirmed shipment. This protects buyers against sellers that ship a wrong item or never ship an item at all. With nearly 2 million items that buyers have purchased through the SportsBuy system, never once has a buyer paid for an item and not received their item or their money back.
- Shipping/Insurance: All Shipping and Insurance charges are set by SportsBuy and based on the USPS Shipping and Insurance Rates
- Seller is out of stock: In the event that a seller out of an item they sold, they are required to immediately email the buyer and offer a replacement item at equal or greater value or offer a refund. Sellers and buyers that can not reach a resolution can contact SportsBuy and in many cases SportsBuy will be able to find the item through their large network of dealers. Either way, the seller is responsible for their listings and will still be charged transaction fees for out of stock items.
- Account Security: Never share your password and it should be changed on a regular basis. Furthermore, you should always log off at the end of each session and the system will automatically log off users after 60 minutes of inactivity. Shopping carts are not saved after logging off.
- Reprints: Reprinted cards that are authorized by the issuing companies Are permitted on the SportsBuy, however, unlicensed reprints and/or counterfeit items ARE NOT permitted on the site. SportsBuy sellers who post and transact these items may face fines and/or suspension from the site.