Do I have to sign-up and is there a cost?
- Free: Signing up to get a SportsBuy Account is absolutely FREE! Click Here to sign up free today!
- No Credit Card Required: A credit card is NOT required to sign up or buy an item. You can pay via credit card/PayPal or check/money Order on checkout.
- No Upfront Fees: There are no listing fees, membership or monthly fees to sell on SportsBuy.
Why should I sell on SportsBuy vs. other web sites?
- No listing
fees, 20-30% lower final value fees:
Sellers can list items with Zero upfront costs on SportsBuy. All sellers get a free storefront for their listings with low final value fees and no listing fees for buy it now and auctions.
- Buyers, buyers, buyers: SportsBuy has attracted a lot of buyers since it launched back in 2001. Once a seller commits to using the tools available to him on SportsBuy and lists quality items at good prices, they will see results very quickly.
- Nearly 500,000 posted buy offers/wantlists:
On SportsBuy, buyers can post what they are looking for at the price they want to pay. There are nearly half a million "Buy Offers" now posted on SportsBuy. Click here to search the newest posted buy offers.
- Fast & Easy Listing Tools: SportsBuy's Express Lister listing tool is free and allows sellers to list a lot of items easily and quickly. Click on Post Multiple Listings link found on most every page and choose either the QuickList (blank form) or CheckList (pre-populated sets) to get your listings up on the site.
Once the buyer purchases an item from you, you receive an automated email with their name, address and item purchased. Once you have received this email you are guaranteed that the buyer has paid in full. You send the item directly to them and you never need to contact them or us.
Protection Guarantee: A purchase cannot be made on SportsBuy
without payment first being collected by SportsBuy. Once you receive a sale confirmation email, you can ship out your item as SportsBuy has confirmed that the buyer has paid in full.
How do I Sell an item?
Selling an item to a buyer on SportsBuy is safe, fast and easy. There are NO LISTING FEES, only a transaction fee after your item has sold. You can post as many sell listings as you want with no upfront costs. In addition, buyers post their "Buy Offers," backed by a credit card on file, which allows you to execute their offer. (See below)
Once a transaction has taken place, both parties receive an email confirmation with all pertinent information. This confirmation guarantees that the buyer has paid for the item in full.
Adding a Sell Listing
- Option 1 - Express Lister: On the top right of most every page is a link to post a single listing and a link to post multiple listings at one time. The multiple listing tool, called "Express Lister," give sellers two options. CheckList allows sellers to choose a set and simply add a quantity and price. QuickList is a blank form that allows sellers to enter in the listing information and bulk upload 1 to 100 listings.
- Option 2 - Pre-Existing Listing: If there is a listing that already exists on an item you want to sell, scroll down to Post a Sell Listing link. Here you'll be able to quickly enter a Quantity and Price and your item will be listed.
- Important: Sellers are responsible for maintaining their inventory once they have listed an item for sale.
How do I SELL to a buyer's posted offer?
Buyers have the ability to post "Buy Offers" on all sell listings on Sportsbuy. These offers are locacted below all of the seller listings. Alongside each Buy Offer is the Price and the Quantity that they are willing to buy.
- To sell to a "Buy Offer", enter your Quantity that you want to sell in the box next to the Buyer’s listing and click the sell button located below the offer.
- Check over all of the transaction information and click confirm.
- After a transaction goes through SportsBuy will execute the buyer's SportsBuy account and/or credit card on file. Once payment is secured, You will then receive a sale confirmation page. You will also receive an email confirmation with the buyer's information.
How do I sell on auction?
Listing on Auctions: Posting listings on SportsBuy is completely free. In addition, many upgrade options are completely free or have minimal fees.
How to List: To list an item click on the "Post a Single Listing" or "Post Multiple Listings" link found on the top right corner of every page. Here you will fill out your items details along with the Quantity and your Buy Now price (no additional fee). Every seller gets a free storefront on SportsBuy (VIP Upgrade Storefronts are also available) and every
listing you create automatically gets listed on SportsBuy & your Storefront. To send your listing to auction, there will be a "Send to Auction" button on the confirmation listing page, where you will fill out the auction details including your starting bid & date
of your auction. Once posted your listing will now be live on your SportsBuy, Auctions & Your Storefront.
Consecutive Auctions: On SportsBuy Auctions, you have the ability to run consecutive auctions for an item until all of the quantities are sold. For example: If you have 75 signed photos, you can choose this feature to
run one auction until they are sold. While one auction is running your remaining inventory is for sale on SportsBuy & your SportsBuy Storefront.
Collecting Payment For Your Sales: As soon as your auction closes with a winning bidder, SportsBuy charges the buyer's credit card on file. If a user's account is set up to pay with PayPal after the auction closes, an automated email is sent to the buyer with a link for them to pay for their winning auciton. Once payment is received by SportsBuy, your pending account will be immediately credited.
The transfer from your pending account to your SportsBuy cash account (where you can cash out via check or PayPal or use the money to purchase items on SportsBuy) depends on your membership status.
After you confirm shipment on your Current Sales Page, your cash account will be paid. Non-VIP Sellers are paid 12 days after confirming shipment, while VIP Sellers are paid in as little as 3 days.
Click here for more details about becoming a SportsBuy VIP Seller or contact the SportsBuy VIP Department at 310.568.8825 x104.
Auction Transaction Fees
SportsBuy's "No Listing Fee" auctions, allow sellers to list auctions without the risks typically associated with auction selling. Most importantly there are no fees unless your item sells (that is no listing fees). Sportsbuy auctions also have "very low" optional upgrade fees for users that allow the sellers auction to be featured, highlighted
and/or provide convenience.
Click here to review SportsBuy's auction and fixed price storefront fees
*Please note: Buyers pay a Shipping/Handling & Processing Fee unless the seller offers Free Shipping. Click here to review the shipping policies for more information.
Other Important Seller Information
- Transferring Your eBay Feedback to SportsBuy: If you are a new seller to SportsBuy that has an excellent feedback rating on eBay, you can use your feedback rating to get started on SportsBuy. Simply contact VIP@sportsbuy.com (310.568.8825) with your eBay User ID & your Sportsbuy Account Number (located within your Sportsbuy Account). This way you
don't have to start from scratch (*Please note: your eBay feedback rating is not changed).
- VIP Memberships: VIP Memberships are optional. Click here, if you wish to learn more about the benefits of becoming a SportsBuy VIP Certified Seller, of contact VIP@SportsBuy.com for more detailed information.
- Automated: Both the Buyer and Seller will receive a confirmation email with all of the appropriate information.
- Shipping/Insurance: All Shipping and Insurance charges are automated within the Exchange and are based on the USPS Shipping and Insurance Rates.
- Transaction Information: In "My Account" Sellers should mark the appropriate box when they have shipped the item. Buyers should check their box when they have received their item. Sellers should click on the "send shipping confirmation box" when they ship the item.
- Funds Released to the Seller: SportsBuy releases buyers funds based on the status of a seller's account; twelve days for non-VIP sellers and as little as three days for VIP Sellers.
- Disputes: If a buyer doesn’t receive their item within 10 days they should email their seller. Buyers are requested to copy CustomerCare@SportsBuy.com with their email to the seller. If the seller doesn’t respond within 2 days, the buyer should contact Dispute@SportsBuy.com immediately to stop their funds from being released.
- Buyer/Seller Emails: Email addresses of both the buyer and seller in a transaction are located within the "Transaction Information" found within "My Account."
- Seller is Sold Out of an item purchased: In the event that a seller is sold out of an item that was purchased, they should immediately email the buyer and offer a replacement item or a full-refund. Sellers and buyers that can not reach a resolution should contact SportsBuy where SportsBuy may be able to find a similar item from its large network of dealers. Either way, the seller is responsible for their listings and will still be charged transaction fees for out of stock items.
- Portfolio: Each user has a "My Portfolio" page located within their "My Account" page. Within the Portfolio page each user is shown all of the Buy and Sell Listings they have posted to the site. Each user is also shown if there are any more competitive prices that their own post on an item. This is a great way to keep up on user listings to see if a seller has posted a lower price or if a buyer has posted a Buy Offer on their listing.
- Featured Listings: Sellers also can increase their listings visibility by choosing to list their items under the Featured Listings Page. A featured listing fee is applied depending on the duration of the number of days chosen
- Account Security: Never share your password and it should be changed on a regular basis. Furthermore, you should always log off at the end of each session and the system will automatically log off users after 60 minutes of inactivity.
- Reprints: Reprinted cards that are authorized by the issuing companies ARE permitted on SportsBuy, however, unlicensed reprints and/or counterfeit items ARE NOT permitted on the site. SportsBuy sellers who post and transact these items may face fines and/or suspension from the site.